Carbon Filter 150mm x 1000mm -50mm Carbon Bed
Pro Grow Carbon Filter 150mm x 1000mm -50mm Carbon Bed
- 1360 Cubic Metre per hour Airflow
- Highly effective, low density Australian virgin carbon
- Machine packed carbon enables 100% filtered air flow
- Inner and outer mesh provides 53% open area allowing increased air flow
- Unique dust atracting black pre-filter sock is included and comes with two easy-to-fit elastic pre-filter straps. This should be washed periodically to maintain the filters life
- Black powder coated top flange and base
- Switchable filter flange and base for longer lifetime
Using only sieved and de-dusted Australian activated carbon, every batch is analysed and tested to ensure it meets 950ID or higher. All carbon particle sizes are 4/12 US mesh or larger, ensuring the highest achievable airflow ratings. Every canister is weighed after manufacture to ensure consistency with every single filter made. Expect a minimum of 2 years life and up to five years life span in low humidity environments.
Carbon filtering is a method of filtering that uses a bed of activated carbon to remove contaminants and impurities, using chemical adsorption.
Each particle, or granule, of carbon provides a large surface area, or pore structure, allowing contaminants the maximum possible exposure to the active sites within the filter media. One gram of activated carbon has a surface area in excess of 3,000 m2 (32,000 sq ft).
Active charcoal carbon filters are most effective at removing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) Connect them to your exhaust fan, forcing all the extracted air from your grow room to pass through the filter.
A carbon filter has the ability to literally scrub the smell from the air. Therefore, when a smell passes through the carbon, it is completely neutralized. In fact, the filter is capable of not only removing smells, but will also remove other impurities from the air.