110 Litre - 20kg bag Rockwool Granulate Grodan
110 Litre - 20kg bag Rockwool Granulate Medium Grade 6mm to 12.5mm Grodan
Grodan Granulate is an inert sterile substrate designed for hydroponic production. Granulate rockwool can be effectively used in recirculating or run-to-waste systems and has a very high water retention. It can mixed with other substrates to achieve desired moisture holding capacity.
Grodan Granulate is compressed into a 20kg bale, and makes between 110 Litres to 140 Litres of growing medium.
Care should be taken when handling rockwool by wearing gloves and mask. The rockwool fibres can cause irritation to the skin, and if breathed in they can also irritate the lungs.
Rockwool is a mineral wool made from molten basalt and limestone rock that is spun into fibres and then compressed into cubes, blocks or slabs.
Grodan ™ is an economical product and is an excellent choice for hydroponic pots, planters outdoor containers or raised garden beds. A loose granulate and works well on its own or mixed with other loose media such as expanded clay pellets and soil. If using Grodan as a soil amendment, it improves aeration, reduces compaction and aids in moisture retention. It’s especially beneficial to growers located in warmer dryer climates.
1. Don’t squeeze the Rockwool especially when it’s wet.
2. Always pre-condition Rockwool in pH 5.5 water before using to disolve lime.
3. Pre-soak from 30 seconds to 30 minutes, depending on size of Rockwool.
4. Water only when there’s light - never water in the dark.
5. Optimum room temperature for growing environment is 18.5- 28 for most species. Temperatures above 26.7o C inside the growing media leads to depleted oxygen levels, encouraging root disease.
6. With low light, water with more volume with fewer cycles - and visa versa.
7. Do NOT keep Rockwool sopping wet. lots of algae is a sign of over watering. Minimize watering while plant is young. Too much water prevents root setting which is essential for growing a healthy plant.